Nominations For Swim Meets
The SNQ swim meet schedule is available from the SNQ Swimming website
- Nominations are online at Swimming NQ - select the event and click on DETAILS.
- Meet fees are also online, once you have completed you nominations you will be asked for payment details.
- It is a good practice to liaise with your Coach as to what events are suitable for your swimmer.
- A swimmer cannot nominate for a swim meet if Club Membership isn't up to date.
- Fines - should a child not achieve the qualifying time for their event at a State or National titles, a fine can be imposed by Qld/Aust Swimming. It is the responsibility of the parent not the club to pay these fines.
The club will consider assistance for swimmers who are eligible for State and/or National championships. Each case will be assessed individually by the committee at the monthly meetings.
View our calendar for current carnivals
What to bring to a Swim Meet
- Racing goggles and spare
- Club Racing cap and spare
- Racing togs and spare
- 2 towels
- Club uniform
- Sunhat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Food and drink
Swim Meet Procedures
- Check your equipment before leaving home
- Arrive early
- Sit together as a team
- Familiarise yourself with the pool, facilities, and marshalling areas
- Stretch and warm up
- Recover and rest... sit down and relax
- Review race plan...talk to your coach
- Pre-event arousal... wake up and move
- Compete as professionally as you can
- Rehydrate, refuel
- Evaluate... talk to your coach
- Warm down, stretch
- Be positive!