What to Bring to...
These items are compulsory, flippers and goggles are available at Kirwan Aquatic Centre
- Pull buoy
- Drink bottle (water is best)
- Comfortable shoes for land drills (when required)
- Log book (if required)
- Racing goggles and spare
- Brothers approved Racing cap and spare
- Brothers approved Racing togs and spare
- 2 towels
- Brothers approved Club uniform
- Sunhat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Food and drink
Swim Meet Procedures
- Check your equipment before leaving home
- Arrive early
- Sit together as a team
- Familiarise yourself with the pool, facilities, and marshalling areas
- Stretch and warm up
- Recover and rest... sit down and relax
- Review race plan...talk to your coach
- Pre-event arousal... wake up and move
- Compete as professionally as you can
- Rehydrate, refuel
- Evaluate... talk to your coach
- Warm down, stretch
- Be positive!
Club Records and Qualifying Times
Club records may be equaled or bettered during any club swim under Swimming Queensland or Swimming Australia rules.
Swimmers who would like to make an attempt at a Club Record may do so at any official Club Swim.
They must inform the club officials/referee prior to the start of the event. This is to make sure that there are sufficient time keepers and officials.
To swim at the Queensland Championships or National Age Championships, qualifying times must have been swum at one of the nominated qualifying meets.
- Club Records - www.townsvillebrothersswimmingclub.com.au
- NQSA ‘A’ grade long & short course times - www.nqswimming.com.au
- State Qualifying Times - www.qld.swimming.org.au
- National Qualifying Times - www.swimming.org.au
The Australian Junior Excellence Program (JX) recognises, rewards and encourages junior swimmers who, through their development of aquatic skills and fitness, achieve a high standard of swimming excellence. The Program now also recognises the achievements of SWD and OWS children.
Under the Program, swimmers aged from 9 to 13 years who accomplish times set by Swimming Australia qualify at Green, Bronze, Silver or Gold standard, depending on their performance/s during the season.
For doing so, qualifiers receive special recognition by way of:
- 9 and 10 year olds: JX cap, JX Certificate of Achievement, JX motivational poster signed by the National Youth Coach and members of the Australian Swim Team, featuring elite Australian swimmers, McDonald's voucher and a letter of congratulations
- 11 to 13 year olds: JX shirt, JX Certificate of Achievement, signed by the National Youth Coach and members of the Australian Swim Team, JX motivational poster featuring elite Australian swimmers, McDonald's voucher, JX DVD and a letter of congratulations
- Publication of their names on this website
Australia is one of the top swimming nations in the world and by achieving the Green, Bronze, Silver or Gold JX standard, junior swimmers are on the pathway to international success.
Youth Performance Squad
The Australian Youth Performance Squad (YPS) is an exciting initiative designed to reward swimmers aged 13-18 for their performances in the pool. The YPS is an extension of the Junior Excellence program which recognises and rewards 9-13 year olds. Similar to Junior Excellence, YPS rewards swimmers for achieving particular time standards set by Swimming Australia.
YPS qualifiers receive recognition by way of:
- a customised YPS towel based on level achieved
- a YPS cap
- a YPS poster
- have their name published on this website